![]() |
| (Image Courtesy of IMGBIN.) |
I had a lot of papers due in the early part of this week. It was pretty stressful. I was nervous about missing the Tuesday/Wednesday notes assignments for this class, but I was glad that the reading options were just more versions of the Ramayana. I was able to read through parts of these versions and use a couple of the extra credit options to make up for the points I lost. I have a couple of instructors in the College of Ed that preach against offering extra credit. They insist that it just makes more papers to grade and that the only students who take advantage of the extra credit are the students that don't need it anyway. Lies! It's all lies! Sometimes you need those extra credit points available because life happens and students need options to adjust.
Although I struggled to produce my other writing projects, this week's story came easily to me. Probably because while I was slogging through papers that had narrow prompts and stuffy rubrics, the creative part of my brain was mulling over the story for this class. Having the freedom to write creatively was cathartic. It was like the Once-ler got ahold of my story and it kept biggering and biggering in my brain, and now I have a huge story that's coming together. I'm enjoying it, though.

No comments:
Post a Comment