Saturday, February 15, 2020

Week 5 Wikipedia Trail

(Image courtesy of ClipArt Library.)

My Wikipedia Trail centers on Jatayu and Sampati.  I looked up a lot of Indian landmarks because I am trying to figure out how to get Icarus/Sampati's body from the Aegean Sea to India.  I think Makara is going to be a big player in this move.  I'm also trying to figure out why Jatayu is the king of the eagle clans, but he's called a vulture.  Sampati is legitimately a vulture, so I think that's going to play into why Daedalus didn't believe in the great eagles, but he didn't think that Icarus would confuse the great eagles for the vulture brothers.  

Included are my notes from The Divine Archer.  They should be listed in the Extra Credit reading blog, but I put all of my notes together, and I divided the Archer notes between the two blog posts.



Bibliography

Gould, F.J. The Divine Archer. JM Dent and Sons, 1911.

Deccan Plateau (landmark)
Griddharaj Parvat (landmark)
Godavri River (landmark)
Nashik (landmark)
Rammakalmedu (landmark)
Vindhya Range (landmark)

No comments:

Post a Comment