Storybook Favorites
I first storybook I am reviewing is How I Met Your Mother by Rachel Cunningham. The storybook focuses on stories of men telling
their children how the men met their wives.
The title caught my eye because I am a huge How I Met Your Mother fan.
Rachel incorporates running gags and sayings from the show in her
retelling of the stories. The one thing
that stands out that I would like to incorporate is that there is a link at the
end of each page to the next story, so I don’t have to scroll back up to the
top to the site map to go to the next story.
My second review is over King Arthur in India by Jake. I am a big
Arthur nerd and I took Dr. Coleman’s Arthurian Legend class a couple of semesters
ago. When I was reading about the Dashavatar, the embodiments of Vishnu-
Parshurama, Rama, Krishna, and Kalki- made me think of Merlin and Arthur. Parshurama and Krishna coordinate with the roles
of Merlin in the legends, and Rama and Kalki coordinate with Arthur. I want to keep this storybook in mind because
I was leaning toward exploring the Arthur connections, but I want to make sure I
don’t repeat any of Jake’s hard work. I
like how the main menu stays at the top of the text even when I scroll, so I
can click the next story, but I like how Rachel made her links better.
The last review is the storybook Karma for Kids: Stories for your Unruly Children. Sometimes my kids get a little unruly, so
the title caught my eye. The storybook
focuses on a mother and her young triplets.
In the introduction and each story, the children cause trouble and the
mother tells them a story that relates to the situation the children
caused. I like this focus because the
author employs one of the major purposes of mythology- teaching life lessons
through story. Of the three, I think
this storybook did the best implementing the images within the text to make it
feel like an actual storybook.
The image can be found at Clip Art Library.

No comments:
Post a Comment